Welcome to our new Blog on all things related to Beauty.
Read below or click here to visit our blog site.
The Benefits of Mineral Makeup.
Mineral makeup has been around since the 1970s but has become increasingly popular over the last couple of decades. It used to be considered a luxury product, available from only a small handful of cosmetics companies. With the rise in popularity, mineral makeup has become widely available and more affordable as just about all cosmetics companies are making and marketing mineral makeup.
Mineral makeup usually comes in a powder form and is made up of the same minerals, such as mica and zinc oxides, as liquid makeup. What mineral makeup does is eliminate all of the bad ingredients in traditional makeup, such as parabens, oils, artificial fragrance, and chemical dyes that can irritate sensitive skin or even cause a skin rash. Mineral makeup has been recommended by some dermatologists for their patients with skin conditions such as eczema and rosacea, which can be aggravated by traditional makeup.
With such a huge rise in popularity, mineral makeup has expanded to not just include face color, but eye shadows, blush, bronzer, concealer, and finishing powder. And with the technology available today, you can also find lipstick, liners, glosses, eyeliners, mascara, and brow colors and fillers. Mineral makeup has gone from being a powder to cream applications that still provide all the benefits of a powder without all of the gunk found in traditional makeup.
Mineral makeup still provides ample coverage to hide blemishes, imperfections, and other flaws without feeling caked on. It allows the skin to breathe without clogging pores or sinking into fine lines. Mineral makeup is also resistant to the weather conditions that can cause traditional makeup to fade, wipe off, or melt, so there is less touch-up required. It is easy on the delicate eye area, as well. Mineral makeup creates a soft diffusion by reacting with the lighting of your surroundings, creating a soft glow. There is also less chance of the bacterial growth common with some traditional makeup, so it lasts longer and is fresh every time you use it.
The trick to applying mineral makeup is to start with a small amount and build the coverage as you need it. There is no need to start with a heavy layer and you get the desired coverage you need every time. The secret is to make sure your moisturizer has been fully absorbed into your skin before applying makeup. Starting with a small amount is also beneficial when applying color. You won’t end up with too much blush or too heavy eye color. Lipsticks and lip liners go on smoothly without tugging, and have beneficial ingredients for the delicate skin of your lips. Eye liners also go on smoothly without tugging on the delicate skin around your eyes, and mineral mascaras are ideal for people with sensitivities or who wear contact lenses.
Mineral makeup is a great choice for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin and aging skin. It is also a natural sunscreen so there is no need to take the extra step in the morning, paring down your routine.
The Youngblood mineral cosmetics range is now available in clinic.
Laser Hair Removal
Are you sick and tired of plucking, tweezing, shaving or waxing to get rid of that unwanted hair from your body? Good news! We provide you laser hair removal utilising Candela GentleLASE that is proven to keep your body hairless. Gone are the days when the laser was scary, now it’s a part and parcel of just about every treatment and most effective too.
A highly energised laser pulse is used by Candela GentleLASE wherein it produces a high-intensity beam of light that penetrates through your skin and provides a controlled amount of therapeutic heat. The upper layer of the skin is protected with DCD (dynamic cooling device) technology along with a burst of cooling cryogen.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal:
There are major benefits that you will enjoy with the Candela GentleLASE.
- Precise: Laser targets only the hair follicle growth areas and keeps the skin around it intact.
- Effective: This is one of the most effective methods of hair removal that is recommended and approved since 1997.
- Quick: Time is money. Literally! That is why laser is most sought after for the limited time and speed as light efficiency.
- Pain Factor: This is a varying factor that differs from person to person and also depends on the area where you want your hair removed.
When is it is best to choose GentleLASE?
If you have excessive hair growth or prefer a skin that is soft and smooth at all times without you having to spend time on hair removal, then Candela GentleLASE is what you deserve. As one of the most cosmetic procedure that is done everywhere, laser hair removal is prone to give you a confidence in your skin.
Your skin will take some time to adjust to the laser pulse. Here are some harmless effects that follow the laser hair removal process.
- A sun burnt look remains for a couple of hours to 48 hours (depending on skin type) following treatment, but moisturisers and compresses help
- Sunscreen is required over the next month to prevent any changes in skin color.
- Some other side effects may include scarring, redness, swelling or change in skin color.
What to Expect:
First things first- Do not be afraid- we’ve done this a thousand times before and know our methods! Here is a step-by-step walk through of the procedure involved:
- Initially, your hair will be trimmed to just a few millimeters above the surface of your skin.
- Depending on the location, thickness and color, the laser equipment will be adjusted.
- Proper eye protection gear will be provided for you to protect your eyes
- The laser pulse is provided to the treatment area and it is studied to detect any reaction from your skin, accordingly the procedure is completed.
- On completion, necessary inflammatory lotions and creams is also provided.
Book an appointment with us and your skin will feel as smooth as silk with every treatment.
Smooth As Silk Laser and Cosmetic Clinic
120 King Street, Newtown NSW
(02) 9519 1878